Come to my studio by the sea in Lossiemouth for the day and learn how to create a beautiful woven fabric.
- Learn how to use a sketchbook to develop visual inspiration, experimenting with colour, pattern and texture.
- Learn the basic technical aspects of weaving.
- Learn to weave fabric using sketchbook work to inform colour, pattern and texture.
YOU WILL TAKE HOME WITH YOU:
- A sketchbook with your development ideas and basic skills in colour mixing and collage.
- Some basic technical information about weaving.
- A piece of fabric 30cm wide and minimum 30 cm length which could be used for a small cushion or wallhanging.
***Workshop suitable for beginners***
***I will ask you to bring an image / object which visually inspires you as a starting point, we can chat this through before hand ***
- One to one tuition.
- Sketchbook, paints, papers and yarns all included.
- Loom is set up and ready to go, we will use a Shetland Wool warp.
- Tea, coffee and snacks served throughout the day but please bring your own lunch.
- Workshops can take place on a Thursday, Friday or Saturday.
- 10AM - 4.00PM
- COST: £90.00